Crowdbooks, a publishing platform specialized in producing illustrated books that carries each work from inception to publication and distribution is currently looking for a Book designer with photography/ illustrated books publishing experience, to join our team.
The ideal candidate must also have a strong design background pertaining to typography, color theory, illustration and layout; he/she will be responsible for designing and producing our wide range of special and unique books.
Place of work: Rome, Italy
Contract: paid trial period until end of June with the possibility of becoming a full-time position
Salary: according to experience + merit based rewards + possibility of equity
Benefits: our offices are in Luiss Enlabs accelerator, an exciting hub of multicultural activity where people from all over Italy come to share their knowledge and work. We get mentorship as a constant source of support, guidance and knowledge.
- Guide projects from conception through manufacture.
- Assisting with the preparations for meetings; print materials, such as comps, sample layouts; mounts covers and/or creating dummy books, preparing files for output
- Conceptualizing and designing book jackets on select titles.
- Focus on print-based design is required, knowledge of offset printing, digital techniques printing is important.
- Must be creative, adaptable, open and receptive to creative direction and design feedback.
- Strong Adobe CS knowledge
- Art/design school graduate or university design/art major.
- Portfolio pieces that demonstrate an appropriate sensibility for and interest in photography, photo books and in publication and/or print design are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Only applicants who submit by email CV + URL link to an online portfolio of work samples ( if physical PDF must be no larger than 5MB) will be considered for this position. Email contact: email@example.com